Homeownership is one of the most dynamic tools a person can use to build a strong and stable future. However, it is a tool that far too many women are unjustly denied access. From the gender pay gap and its impact on credit profiles, to uneven child care responsibilities that consume time and financial resources, to higher rates of mortgage denials despite superior payment performance, the hurdles keeping women from homeownership are high.
This October, I'm grabbing my hammer, strapping on my tool belt, and joining Habitat Chicago's Women Build alongside 450 determined women to knock these barriers down. Together, we will help our fellow women become homeowners with Habitat Chicago, a nonprofit committed to building a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
You can make a difference. Help me reach my fundraising goal so we can change the lives of these women forever and prove that there's nothing a group of committed women can't do.
• $10 – Purchases a box of nails, serving as a small, yet crucial component of a Habitat home’s structural integrity.
• $25 – Provides one smoke alarm to help keep our Habitat households safe within their homes.
• $50 – Decorates and provides appreciation items to make our first-time Habitat homeowners feel celebrated on their Home Dedication Day.
• $100 – Supplies a month of personal gear for our construction team and homebuyers, enabling them to build with safety and pride.
• $250 – Paints the walls of a newly built house for a hardworking family excited for a fresh start in their Habitat home.
• $500 – Acquires the electrical fixtures to light an entire Habitat house!
Change happens one person at a time. I appreciate any support you can give - big, small, or somewhere in between.