COVID-19 Volunteer Agreement
In order to keep all of our volunteers and team members safe, we are asking that all volunteers abide by our COVID-19 Volunteer Agreement. You can read the full text here
and will agree to this document through your registration process. If you do not agree, you will not be able to volunteer with us.
Please understand that by volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Chicago, where you will be in the proximity of other people, you may be at risk of contracting the virus, even though precautions are being observed. We ask that you refrain from volunteering:
• If you or someone in your household has had contact with anyone who has exhibited the following symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, including but not limited to: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, respiratory or flu-like symptoms, sore throat, etc.
• If you have traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 days.
• If you have traveled via airplane in the last 14 days or have been in any group larger than 10 where social distancing was not maintained.
• If you have been in contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
• If you have been medically directed to self-quarantine due to possible exposure to COVID-19.COVID-19 Considerations
While there is some uncertainty about what October will bring for the pandemic in Chicago, we anticipate having 3 distinct construction sites in the West Pullman community. Your team’s location will be called out in your confirmation email and your team will only spend time on the site you are assigned to. This will help us mitigate the risk of spreading the disease as much as possible.
Additionally, to help avoid the spread of disease:
• All volunteers will be required to use a face mask (dust mask/ fabric mask/ bandanna/ etc.) any time social distancing can’t be maintained
• We will have hand sanitizing stations and hand washing stations available on site, but encourage all to bring their own personal hand sanitizer as well
• We will no longer have communal water or Gatorade containers available on site. Please come prepared with reusable water bottles. We encourage volunteers to bring at least 64 oz’s of water.
• All Personal Protective Equipment will be provided & will be sanitized at the beginning and end of your build day. If you have your own personal equipment we encourage you to bring it. Safety glasses must be safety rated ANSI z87.1. If you need more information about hard hat requirements, please reach out to email@example.com
• We ask that volunteers commit to utilizing and touching only their own assigned tools and equipment throughout the day.